Head Professor of Dermatology from March 1980.
* President of the International Society for Dermatologic Surgery during 1989-90.
* President of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology during 1994-98.
* Vicepresident of the European Academy Dermatology and Venereology during 1996-99.
* President of the Ibero Latinamerican College of Dermatology (CILAD) during 1999-2003.
* President of European Society for Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology, during 2003-2004.
* Member of the International League of Dermatologic Societies from May 2003.
* Doctoral Thesis directed: 31.
* Author books: "Medical Surgical Dermatology" (2 vols. with F. de Dulanto, M.Armijo and R. Naranjo, 1982, Spanish), “Sexually Transmitted Diseases” (1986, Spanish), “Dermatology” (2 vols. with M.Armijo, 1st ed. 1987, 2nd ed. 1988, 3th ed. 2002, Spanish), “Genodematoses. Epidemiological study in Western Andalusia” (1987, Spanish), "Dermatologic Surgery" (with F. de Dulanto, 1996, Spanish), "Trichology" (with W.Montagna, 1st ed. 1982, 2nd ed. Spanish 1996, French 1997, English 1998), "Hair and its disorders" (with V.Randall and V.Price, 2000, English), “Laser and intense pulsed light in Dermatology and Dermocosmetology” (with J.L. Cisneros, 2.000, Spanish), “Ibero Latin-American Practical Dermatology. Atlas, systemic diseases associated and therapy” (with V. Torres Lozada, M.C. Mihm, A.J. Sober, I. Sánchez Carpintero, 2005, Spanish), “Nail diseases” (with R. Baran and J.M. Mascaró, 2007. Spanish), “Laser and intense pulse light in Dermatology and Dermatocosmetology” (with J.L.Cisnero and M.Trelles, 2007, Spanish).
* Monographies: 23
* Chapters about Dermatology in books of Dermatology or General Medicine: more than 70.
* Scientific papers: more than 700.