1. Slope dynamics and morpho-evolution. Surveying, mapping and GIS analysis of slope instability.
2. Landslide activations and sinkholes, and their effects in urbanized areas. Evaluation of hazard, susceptibility, vulnerability, and specific risk. Evaluation of conditions of imminent risk.
3. Triggering and distribution of rainfall- and seismic-induced landslides.
4. Neo-tectonics, Deep-seated gravitational slope deformations, and Radon concentrations.
5. Modelling and simulation of flow-type landslides. Calibration, validation and sensitivity analyses, also through genetic algorithms.